6/5/20 Monitor and manage your projects from any place on the world using the new, freely available Mervis SCADA service.
SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) is a type of control system allowing its user to monitor and manage the operation of all technologies connected to it. The control interface can be accessed remotely from multiple devices.
SCADA system allows you to:
- keep track of the overall system status,
- react in time to any potential emergencies,
- optimize the system and make issue solving easier with historical data analysis,
- reduce maintenance and upkeep costs due to decreased requirements on infrastructure and personnel.
SCADA for Unipi controllers
With the release of the Mervis IDE 2.3.0, Mervis users are now able to create and manage their own SCADA projects within the new Mervis SCADA service.
What are the major advantages of Mervis SCADA?
- available for free - all tools needed for development and management of SCADA, including a mobile app, are available free of charge,
- quick and easy deployment - an entire SCADA project can be created only by yourself even without any deeper programming knowledge,
- free usage for small projects - project using 25 or fewer data points can be operated free of charge indefinitely,
- fully secured solution - your data are safely stored in an Unipi datacentre and access to them is protected by a secure connection,
- user-friendly environment - Mervis SCADA features a clean and modern user interface for making your work easier,
- access from anywhere, anytime - access your SCADA interface from computers or mobile devices,
- analysis of historical data - visualize historical data in descriptive graphs for optimizing your project, diagnostics and simpler issue solving.
Mervis SCADA components
An online service accessible through a web browser, or a mobile app. The service merges access to controllers and their variables (Mervis Proxy) and access to historical data and their analysis (Mervis DB). SCADA project creation, PLC programming and configuration, creation of graphic schematics and other settings are then performed in the Mervis IDE development environment.
Mervis mobile app
The Mervis mobile app connects your smartphone directly to your SCADA interface. The app allows you to display a data point table for monitoring and changing their values, display graphs of historical data, etc.
Mobile app interface
Remote access management (Mervis Proxy)
Mervis Proxy service serves for remote management and programming of Unipi controllers from anywhere on the world. The service does not require any special network settings (port forwarding, firewall exemptions, public IP addresses etc.) and allows you to keep your controllers protected by your local firewall.
Mervis Proxy schematic
Mervis DB service is an optional part of Mervis SCADA and allows you to store data from Unipi PLC into a database, using secure storage in the Unipi datacentre. Stored values can be then analyzed in Mervis SCADA using any of the available graphs (see below).
Historical data graph
Mervis SCADA availability
All tools needed for development and deployment of SCADA projects, from Mervis IDE to the individual services to the mobile app, are available for free.
If your project contains less then 25 data points, we will charge you no fees for using the service. For larger projects with more than 25 data points, the first three months are free, after which a monthly fee is charged according to a datapoint price list available on this link.
How to start using Mervis SCADA?
I have an existing Mervis IDE project
If you already are a user of the Mervis system, all necessary info for creating a SCADA project is available in the Creating a Mervis SCADA project tutorial.
I don't have a Mervis IDE project
If you don't have any previous experience with Mervis, you can start by visiting the following tutorials, which will show you the basics of using the Mervis IDE environment:
- Connecting Mervis IDE to Unipi
- Creating a sample project and testing on Unipi
- Getting licence for Mervis DB, Mervis Proxy and Mervis RT
With the Mervis IDE project up and running, you can continue with the Creating a Mervis SCADA project tutorial.
More detailed info about Mervis SCADA including a datapoint pricelist and data visualisation options can be found on this link.
Our partsUnipi Axon S105
(Out of stock)
Unipi Neuron S103
More than 20 items in stock
Unipi 1.1 - complete set
(Out of stock)
Unipi 1.1 Lite - complete set
(Out of stock)