Unipi Patron is a product line of programmable logic controllers designed for automation, control and monitoring. High computing power, software openness and flexibility make the Patron products the most powerful compact PLCs available on the market. Patron is suitable for a wide range of applications ranging from building management and industry to HVAC and SCADA systems to smart home installations and other automation projects. An extended 4-year warranty is provided for all Patron models.
Note: Availability of the product is scheduled for Q1/2021 (Q4/2021 for Patron LTE). You can already make a preorder on our e-shop
Powerful CPU for the most demanding projects
Patron programmable logic controllers are based on a Unipi-developed computing module powered by the i.MX 8M Mini (4× Arm® Cortex®-A53) CPU that features a max. 1.8 GHz frequency, 1GB RAM and an onboard 8GB eMMC memory. These features make Unipi Patron the most powerful compact PLCs on the market. Using our own computing module allows us to provide support on all levels, a realization of various modifications within the custom manufacturing programme and more options for standard development (eg. integration of new communication protocols).
A wide selection of inputs/outputs
Depending on the specific model, Patron controllers can feature the following types of inputs/outputs and their combinations:
- digital inputs (DI) are designed for reading states of two-state devices such as various digital sensors, switches and buttons, motion sensors etc.,
- digital outputs (DO) are applicable for switching two-state devices using direct current (DC) such as locks, external relays, contactors etc. DO’s can be also used for analog control thanks to the pulse-width modulation (PWM) function,
- relay outputs (RO) serve for switching devices with higher current draw and devices requiring alternating current (AC) such as water heaters, pumps, contactors or external relays with higher switching current,
- analog inputs (AI) are designed to measure voltage, current or resistance in order to read values from various analog sensors (pressure meters, thermometers, tension gauges etc.),
- analog outputs (AO) are used to control and regulate devices such as three-way valves, electric motors, frequency inverters, heat exchangers etc. by direct current or voltage.
The modular construction of I/O boards allows us to easily modify already existing I/O combinations or create new ones as part of the custom manufacturing programme.
In case you need to extend your project by additional inputs/outputs, a simple and affordable solution is available in the form of Unipi Extension modules. The modules communicate using the RS485 interface (Modbus RTU protocol) and provide you with more inputs and outputs without the need to purchase additional controllers.
Communication interfaces with broad connectivity
- RS485 and RS232 interfaces serve for connection of various external devices (extension modules, energy meters, HMI panels, various sensors), or communication with gateways and closed technologies,
- The 1-Wire bus is designed to communicate with 1-Wire sensors such as temperature and humidity sensors,
- A pair of USB 2.0 ports can be used to connect wireless adapters, external storage disks or serial converters,
- all Patron controllers feature a single 100Mbit Ethernet port for network communication,
- S167, M267 and M567 models also feature an LTE mobile connection that allows the PLC to use the LTE wireless network for internet connection.
As with inputs and outputs, our custom manufacturing programme offers you an option to customize the number and type of communication interfaces.
Choose a controller size according to your project’s need
Patron controllers are offered in 3 sizes that differ in their dimensions and number/combination of inputs and outputs:
- Type S: max. 10 inputs & outputs, 70 × 90 × 60 mm (4 DIN modules)
- Type M: max. 40 inputs & outputs, 140 × 90 × 60 mm (8 DIN modules)
- Type L: max. 70 inputs & outputs, 210 × 90 × 60 mm (12 DIN modules)
Components of the controllers are protected by a durable aluminium chassis (IP20 protection) designed to be mounted on a standard 35 mm DIN rail (holder and mounting screws are included in the package).
The colour and graphics of the chassis can be customized as a standard part of the custom manufacturing programme. This gives you an option to get a Patron controller in a colour of your choice and with your company’s logo.
Software that does not limit you
Patron controllers are based on the Linux open-source operating system, ensuring compatibility with a wide variety of software solutions, both commercial and open-source. By default, all controllers are shipped with a pre-installed Mervis system - a professional software platform that includes development environment, SCADA interface, cloud database and other components. Alternatively, you can utilize a Unipi-developed open-source application programming interface (API) for the integration of your software or any of the supported third-party solutions (Node-RED, openHAB, FHEM, Pimatic etc.). For more info, please visit the Choosing the right software article.
Wide application possibilities
Broad communication options, high computing power, software openness, compact size, a large selection of models and customization options - these features make the Patron product line an ideal choice for a wide variety of projects and installations:
- smart home,
- control and monitoring systems,
- HVAC control systems in buildings,
- monitoring and optimization of energy consumption and precise invoicing,
- SCADA system for remote monitoring and management,
- monitoring and automation of data centres,
- monitoring and regulation of photovoltaics,
- irrigation control and energy regulation in agriculture,
- Smart City systems,
- a gateway between technologies,
- and many more.
Custom development and manufacturing
Unipi Patron offers many options for custom development and manufacturing. Patron controllers can be extended by the integration of wireless technologies (LTE, Zigbee, Enocean), new communication protocols or additional functionality (eg. PoE, Secure boot or support of external modems or PCIe modules). It is also possible to create custom I/O combinations.
Customization options also include the operating system (OS) image - a large archive containing all that’s needed to start and run applications on controllers. Aside from the image customization according to your needs, it is also possible to upload the image into the controllers during their assembly. Thanks to this feature, the controllers are delivered already pre-configured, which allows you to save a considerable amount of time when preparing the controllers for deployment. For more info about custom OS images, please visit this link.
All of the above-mentioned options, combined with graphic customization of the chassis and software openness, allow you to obtain a controller with software and hardware tailored to the needs of your project. This makes the Patron line an excellent choice for software developers and companies offering Unipi PLCs as part of their solutions. For more info regarding the custom manufacturing options, please visit this link.
Patron model overview
|Type S, the size on the DIN rail: 4 modules (7 cm)|
|Typ M, the size on the DIN rail: 8 modules (14 cm)|
|Typ L, the size on the DIN rail: 12 modules (21 cm)|
|1) LTE module|
- i.MX 8M Mini quad-core CPU (Arm© Cortex©-A53, max 1.8 GHz)
- 1 GB RAM, 8 GB eMMC onboard memory
- 2× USB 2.0
- 100 Mbit Ethernet
- Aluminum chassis (IP20)
Our partsUnipi Patron S107
Unipi Patron S117
Unipi Patron S167 LTE
(out of stock)
Unipi Patron S207
Unipi Patron M207
Unipi Patron M267 LTE
(out of stock)
Unipi Patron M527
Unipi Patron M567 LTE
(out of stock)
Unipi Patron L207
Unipi Patron L527