Unipi Zulu is a single board computer (SBC) developed by Unipi technology, ideal for embedded systems, industry 4.0, IoT platforms, or edge computing. Thanks to low space requirements, high computing power, and software openness it’s the perfect solution for your projects.
Powerful CPUSBC Unipi Zulu has a high computing power that is ensured by a quad-core processor NXP i.MX 8M Mini with a maximum frequency of 1.8 GHz (4× Arm Cortex-A53) + 1× Cortex-M4 (400 MHz) and further according to the selected model 1/2/4/8 GB LPDDR4 RAM and 8/16/32/64/128 GB internal eMMC memory, offering sufficient capacity to control even complex technological units. As this is an SBC developed by us, we offer support at all levels and the implementation of various modifications within custom production.
A wide selection of interfacesEven the standard Unipi Zulu type has an above-standard interface combination:
- GPIO (General-purpose input/output) - up to 35 free-to-use inputs/outputs for exactly what you need
- SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) - a serial peripheral interface for communication with other integrated circuits, thanks to which you can connect, for example, A/D converters or displays
- UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver-Transmitter) - a bus for asynchronous serial data transmission with configurable format and speed, often used in applications that use other communication converters and modems
- SAI (Serial Audio Interface) - offers a wide range of audio protocols, allowing you to connect digital audio devices
- I2C (Inter-Integrated Circuit) - computer serial bus used to connect low-speed peripherals
- SDIO (Secure Digital Input/Output) - an interface that allows you to connect, for example, a memory card or a wireless data device
- PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express) - a high-speed bus available in the Extended type, which allows you to connect, for example, an external drive
- A pair of USB 2.0 ports can be used to connect wireless adapters, external storage disks, or serial converters
- For network communication, Unipi Zulu is equipped with a 100 Mbit Ethernet port (possibility of custom adjustment to 1 Gbit) supporting PoE (Power over Ethernet) - thus enabling the power to be supplied without the need of using another power cable
Size smaller than a credit cardWe offer Unipi Zulu in two types (Standard and upcoming Extended), which differ in size and available interfaces.
- Standard: 57 mm × 40 mm × 15 mm (w × h × d)
- Extended: 67 mm × 40 mm × 15 mm (w × h × d)
Software that does not limit youSBC Unipi Zulu is based on the open-source operating system Linux (Debian), Yocto, or Android, which ensures compatibility with a large number of commercial, open-source, or yours software solutions.
Wide application possibilitiesThanks to low space requirements, high computing power, and software openness, Unipi Zulu has a wide range of applications, for example in embedded systems, industry 4.0, IoT platforms, and edge computing.
Custom development and manufacturingThanks to its construction, the SBC Unipi Zulu allows a wide range of customization options. We offer the possibility of expanding RAM, internal storage, Ethernet speed, and adjusting the temperature range from −20 °C to +70 °C so that the resulting product fully meets your requirements.
Why choose Unipi Zulu?
- Guaranteed availability and support - provided by components from proven manufacturers such as NXP
- Continuous development and updates - we use Unipi Zulu in our products and thus guarantee constant innovation
- Only the components you use - you don't have to pay anything extra
Test Unipi ZuluUnipi Zulu can be found in our Unipi Patron product line. You can choose a unit from our e-shop that will be optimal for the needs of your prototyping and testing.
If you want to know more about Unipi Zulu or custom modifications, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unipi Zulu types overview
|Processor||i.MX 8M Mini QuadLite||i.MX 8M Mini QuadLite|
|RAM||1 (2/4/8)2 GB||1 (2/4/8)2 GB|
|Internal memory (eMMC)||8 (16/32/64/128)2 GB||8 (16/32/64/128)2 GB|
|Ethernet||100 Mbit / 1 Gbit2||100 Mbit / 1 Gbit2|
|PoE||PoE / PoE+2||PoE / PoE+2|