01.09.2021 Do you need a specific hardware solution but don't want to waste money on time-consuming development? Do you want to have a product with your brand and colours, including the possibility of customizing the packaging and documentation? We offer this and much more in our new custom development section.
How does the custom development process work?You can choose the complete custom solution process (from consultation, through hardware, to branding) or you can choose only some of the stages - for example, only hardware modification.
Project consultationWe want to offer the most efficient solution for the best possible price, so we will always discuss all development options with you at the beginning.
Hardware selection and project schemaDepending on the type of project, we will select system components (control units, gateways, sensors, etc.), help with the design of a complete schema, and establish a development schedule.
Hardware developmentWe develop custom hardware based on the Patron, Neuron, Gate, and Extension product lines, depending on the direction of your project.
As part of the device modification, we can change the number and type of inputs/outputs. You can also choose from a wide range of communication protocols and technologies, including wireless.
Product brandingWe will adjust to your needs:
- Chassis colour – standard RAL palette, custom colour
- Logo – laser engraving (monocolour), UV printing (full colour)
- Labels – connectors and additional labels (e.g. product name)
- Manufacturer and information sticker
We can also customize the packaging of the units or the documentation from the datasheet to the product leaflet to your company identity.
Software developmentThe software openness of Unipi products allows deployment to a wide range of platforms to meet the exact needs of your project. It can be built on the Mervis platform, on third-party solutions (e.g. Node-RED), or on custom software.
In cooperation with our partner companies, we will develop your own software solution.
Realization / InstallationWe will recommend an installation partner or help you install the solution correctly.
Support / ServicePremium technical support directly from the developers - phone, conference calls, or e-mail.
Why choose a custom solution from Unipi?
- You choose only what you need – if you only need hardware development or product branding, we will only do this particular stage.
- Fast process and delivery – we start from our standard models, which we modify based on your requirements.
- Software openness – Our products are based on the open Linux operating system. This allows a wide selection of software solutions (from the officially supported Mervis platform to your own software).
- Custom development starting even with small production batches – product branding from 20 pieces, hardware development already from 100 pieces.
- Save on your own development – a solution built on the Unipi hardware platform is a fraction of the cost of own custom development.
- Product storage – you don't have to deal with product storage. We will ship products according to your current needs (to you or your customer) from our warehouse. We store up to 12 months free of charge.
- Variable batches with a fixed price – Even with a smaller current batch, you still pay the same price for the product including the applied quantity discount of the total order.
- Uploading and testing a custom operating system image during production – this saves time when preparing and deploying products.
- Solution sustainability – if specific hardware in a project is no longer manufactured, we will replace it with a new one. So you don't have to worry about having to completely change the solution after a while.