10/12/20 Unipi Gate combines compact size, software openness and a sufficient computing performance for use in industrial automation, building management systems and many other applications.
What is Unipi Gate?
Unipi Gate is a programmable Ethernet / RS485 Linux IoT gateway and logic controller designed for industrial automation, building management systems and other automation projects. Thanks to sufficient computing power, software openness and favourable price this IoT platform is applicable as a data logger in SCADA or MES control systems, or in cloud services within Smart City, Smart Factory and IoT/IIoT projects. Last, but not least, the gateway also represents an easy way to modernize older installations.
What are the main advantages of Unipi Gate?
- powerful quad-core 600Mhz ARM A53 CPU featuring 512MB RAM,
- onboard 16GB eMMC memory extendable using a microSD card,
- one or two RS485 serial interfaces (depending on the model),
- an option to use the gateway as a network switch or a node between two separate networks thanks to a pair of Ethernet ports,
- software openness, delivered with preinstalled Node-RED platform,
- compact size, multiple mounting methods,
- durable aluminium chassis (IP20 protection),
- graphics customization of the chassis available as part of the OEM programme,
- an option to install the gateway either to a DIN rail (multiple ways to fasten the DIN holder) or an electrical distribution box mounting plate.
|G100||1||2||quad-core ARM A53 CPU (600 MHz, 512 MB RAM)
16GB onboard eMMC memory (can be extended using a microSD card),
installation to a DIN rail or an electric distribution box mounting plate
Where can you use Unipi Gate?
The gateway is suitable mainly for communication with external devices using the RS485 interface (air conditioning, boilers, electric motors, PLCs from different manufacturers, extension modules etc.) and sending the collected data to a local or cloud system via Ethernet. This gives you the option to remotely control the connected devices (eg. via a web interface) and also to optimize them according to an analysis of the aggregated data. That makes Unipi Gate a suitable solution for a wide range of projects, such as:
- industrial automation,
- HVAC control,
- SCADA and MES systems,
- Smart City and Smart Factory projects,
- edge computing / edge processing, cloud computing,
- IoT/IIoT projects,
- modernization of older installations,
- and many more.