Neuron is a product line of PLC units build to be universal and used in both Smart Home and Business applications and automation systems.
Neuron is a product line of PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) units build to be universal and used in both Smart Home and Business applications and automation systems. It allows to locally and remotely control connected systems and devices over standard Input / Output and other interfaces. Neuron units control these devices based on a program set by end user of installation company.
You can find out more information about use cases of features in the article about monitoring, Smart Home and business improvement. Technical details (power supply, voltage and current range etc.) are further described in this article and in the product manual.
As stated before, Neuron controller units are designed for universal use. Various systems or devices may be controlled over integrated interfaces according to preset program or directly by user over user interface. The product is certified for these uses:
- Residential buildings, apartments
- Commercial areas, offices, banks
- Entertainment areas, cinemas, bars, pubs, dance clubs
- Outdoor places, gas stations, parking lots, sport centers
- Areas of light industry, workshops, laboratories, service centers
Basic types and model
Neuron control units are equipped with a holder for DIN rail (35 mm) for use in racks and distribution boxes. They come in three standard types which differ according the number of modules they occupy in this rail:
- S (4 modules)
- M (8 modules)
- L (12 modules)
*1 module = 17.5 mm
Basic 8 models have along with common features variable number od digital inputs (DI) and digital outputs. Digital outputs may be transistor outputs (referred as DO) or relay outputs (referred as RO). The following table compares basic models' features.
Standard model and type overview
|Type S||Size on DIN rail: 4 modules||
1 × RS485 interface
|Type M||Size on DIN rail: 8 modules|
|Type L||Size on DIN rail: 12 modules|
*highlighted products have the best price / features ratio
What is inside
Whole product line is based on minicomputer Raspberry Pi 3, which serves as a master control unit of independent logically separated modules. These modules have their own processor and memory and are able to operate independently on RPi 3, nevertheless compared to RPi 3, they do not have such computing performance, network interface and possibility of remote control and provide only limited functionality. Whole system of modules and RPi 3 is assembled into properly grounded eloxed aluminum case. The product has a degree of protection IP20.
You may find our more information about the Neuron product architecture in the technical intro.
Special features and functions
Compared to products of competition in the same class, Neuron units are equipped with a number od special functions. The most important of these are:
- Direct Switch - a possibility of direct reaction on output based on input value without the necessity of processing with RPi 3 - suitable for real-time applications.
- Custom default settings - a possibility of saving of custom settings and its automatic loading in case of reboot or power outage.
- Master Watchdog - a function monitoring the communication with RPi 3, which in case of non-standard situation loads the stored default settings.
- Technical introduction - detailed technical description of product and further description of its architecture.
- Product category - all Neuron products for immediate purchase in our e-shop.
- Extension modules - information about extension modules for systems controlled with Neuron.
- File downloads - All materials related to our products including Neuron can be found here.
For our products we offer possibility of B2B cooperation through OEM and partnership with local distributors and installation companies.